Friday, November 11, 2011

Preparation for exam 70-433: SQL Server 2008 Database Development

Below is the list of books that I used for preparing exam 70-433:

1. MCTS 70-433 by Microsoft Press
2. The Real MCTS 70-433 by Syngress publication
3. SQL Server 2008 Bible by Wiley publishing

I have zipped them for your easy reference, the URL of which is here.

I have around 5 years of experience working with SQL (2000, 2005, 2008), most of which was SQL 2005. I decided to upgrade my skills for SQL 2008 and started by reading MCTS book by Microsoft. I also read 'The Real MCTS' book. Some chapters were good in 'MCTS Microsoft', some in 'Real MCTS'. I used 'Bible' for referring new concepts like change data capture and CDC which I had not worked in the past. It explains them well giving tabular explanation.

I gave my exam on 11/11/11 and scored 100%. I must also give due credit to www.examcollection.com wherein I found dumps for exam 70-433. You need to get VisualCert Exam manager software for going through the questionaire. The software is almost similar to real exam. In any given dump, there are around 155 questions. The real exam asks 55 question, but you must go through their dumps. Almost all questions came from those dumps except 3-4 questions.

This is my bifurcation on different sections:

1. XML - MCTS Microsoft (for xml raw, auto, path (skip explicit), methods like value, nodes, query) + Real MCTS (openxml)
2. Spatial, Full text search, service broker - MCTS Microsoft (service broker mainly high level topics like message type, queue, contract, service)
3. database mail, powersheel, data change, CDS, audit - MCTS Microsoft
4. ranking functions - Real MCTS
5. error handling - Real MCTS
6. CLR- Real MCTS
7. creating objects like tables, SPs, functions, triggers - both books
8. performance tuning chapter of 'Real MCTS'

Hope this helps you...

1 comment:

Lounge Lizard said...

your link to files on wupload is no good for anyone reading your article. I would really like to get a copy of the file. Would it be possible to private message them to me: loungeliz at gmail? Thanks in advance!